Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Brain gone

I can tell Christmas is here cuz I keep forgetting and not remembering things. For example yesterday...... I went to recycle our 4 bags of cans. I get $12 for them. Then I go and run some errands. Stopped at the sports store cuz I wanted a pair of sweats and I had a coupon for 20% off. So I go to pay. I start walking out and I noticed I had $14 in my hand and they cost $15 and I gave him a 20. The register had some weird amount on it too so it really distracted me. So being the honest person I am I went and returned the $10. I do some more shopping and get out to the car and I'm counting my money......where is the $10 from the cans? Oh crap! I just gave away my recycle money. So I'm fretting about this while I run the rest of my errands. I keep trying to tell myself not to worry about it......it's only $10. I just gave the guy a $10 tip. My sweats ended up costing more than I thought. But it's only $10, not a big deal. All this stuff running through my head for the next hour or so. I get home and start unloading everything and pull my phone out of my pocket. There's the $10. What a waste of anxiety....and glad i gave the money back. But this kind of worry, anxiety appears mostly around Christmas. I really need to chill.

No comments: