Saturday, December 1, 2012

Gramma

Last Tuesday I finally went and did the initiatory and the endowment for my gramma. I have been putting it off for lots of reasons.......too busy, face treatment, etc., etc. but the main reason is cuz I have a hard time with some parts of the endowment service. I read the book, The God Who Weeps, and it made me rethink how Heavenly Father really is.....a loving father. Not one who is waiting for us to screw up and is constantly judging us. So I went. For the last couple of months though my gramma has been really nagging me a lot to go and do the work for her so that was a real motivator too. When I got there the initiatory line was a 45 min. wait. They asked if it was ok if someone in the front of the line could do it for me so I wouldn't have to wait. I told them that I didn't think my gramma would mind...she just wanted it done. The worker said that since it's my gramma that she bumped me to the front of the line so I could make the next endowment session. During the initiatory gramma was there. I headed upstairs to wait for the endowment. I thought of gramma and all the memories I had of her. I thought of her fun personality and her love for people.....lots and lots of memories. I got through the endowment session with my gramma helping me with encouragement being whispered in my head.....she was there. When I got to the Celestial room I said a little prayer just to see if she was there and if she was happy for what was done for her. I already knew the answer to both questions but I did get a double yes. :)

No comments: