Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

Easter was different for us this year.  Christopher asked me last night if I wanted to go to a Catholic Easter Mass. Both of us were spiritually hungry to hear about the crucifixion and resurrection.  This morning I decided to go.  Emily and Jaron went with us too.  And so did Lesa and the boys.  We went inside and it was a huge chapel.  Probably 4 or 5 times the size of ours and the place was pack.  Standing room only.  It was very symbolic and lots of standing up and sitting down.  It reminded me a lot of when I was a Lutheran.  There was incense and we were sprinkled with holy water.  It was different but I'm glad we went.  Afterwards we did an Easter egg hunt.  Steve and I hid 87 eggs in the back yard and even the big kids got involved.  :)




We had ham and potatoes for dinner.  It was a great Easter.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Glad you had a nice Easter. We did too. Wish you had won the lottery prize. I had been to quite a few masses, but mostly for funerals. Only one that I did not like was the Funeral Mass. Too much bells, inscence and up and down. It was a very depressing mass. The other ones were not.