Thursday, May 23, 2013

Biking

Christopher has fixed up one of our mountain bikes that we've had for years.  I redid some of the cables and put on a new chain.  I ordered new tires that I hope will come soon and I took one of his old helmets.  I did my first bike ride on the canal yesterday.  I got hooked!!  It was so much fun!  I wasn't going to bike today since I did 17 miles yesterday but with the stress thats been going on I hopped on the bike again today for another 9 miles.  One of the big stresses is that one of Emily's friends committed suicide yesterday and it's been really rough for her.  She is doing better today and we've had some really good discussions but here is a lot of shock and sadness.  Today she is hanging out a lot with her friends and I think it's helping her out a lot.  This is the 3rd suicide at her high school this year.  Pretty rough.

No comments: