Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Keeping Busy

While Steve has been in Vienna I've been trying to keep myself busy. I can either get stuff done or wallow in misery because he's not here. So here is some of the projects I've been doing thus far. I've painted the banister. It looks a lot better than the plain wood. At least the kids think so.
I also cleaned and painted Nathan's old room. It looked like a war zone with holes in the walls and so much clutter and garbage that you couldn't even open the door.

I also cleaned up the downstairs. It still needs help......more like bookshelves but it is getting there. When I'm done with it, it may look half way decent.

And I also cleaned up the bedroom downstairs. I painted my grandma and grandad's old full bed and put it down there.....with Nathan's help. I still have over a year to work on this till Jaron gets home.

And my last project I've done is making and canning salsa. I made 6 batches and the kids have eaten 2 batches so far. I have to hide some jars so there is some for Steve when he gets back and I promised Jaron a pint of it.


Tomorrow I start painting Emily's room. I think when Steve comes home for good in December I will be really, really ready for a break. But at least the house with look good.

5 comments:

Chris and Lesa said...

If you need help, I like painting. I will say everything looks really good! I am impressed. If you run out of stuff to do, you can help me paint our apartment.

The Pecks said...

What a great sweetheart I have. You always do so much good in the world. I love the new look for the house. I love you, sweetie!

The Pecks said...

I love and miss you so, so much. I love doing things for you!!!! You make me so happy.
Lori

Anonymous said...

What are you going to do with the pile of books in basement? Is that pile called:
"Reviewed and Discarded Philosophies" or
"Books That I Thought Would Help But Didn't."

Anonymous said...

Lori, it all looks great! Its amazing how much you have gotten done. Good Job. Looking forward to seein you in a few weeks. I think it will be on Sat the 6th, I will call ya..love you