Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Trek- by Nate

so like two or three weeks ago i went on the pioneer trek in Wyoming. so basically on this trek what you do is put 3 days of stuff you need into a 5 gallon bucket...so you cant fit a whole lot but i got it all in there. so then you ride a 6 hour bus ride that's not fun at all...but when you get there you get a cool nifty hand cart thing and you and about 10 other people put your buckets in there and then you start the trekin. and basically you keep trekin for three days...but it was way fun i was very glad i went...and would go again if i could



(Me and Fritz Pulling the handcart)





(Me and Fritz doing a leg pull)




(This was our stop for lunch after we visited Martens Cove)





(My Trek Family)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't blog this late at night
I'm chatting with Steve who's alone all right;
This comment, therefore, isn't really for Nate
But embedded within may be his fate.

Cap said...

I shill rhyme, like Steve had,
About the trek shared by a rebel lad,
For the rules were clear, but out of spite,
Nate refused to wear the standard white.

Anonymous said...

So Nathan played the brave pioneer,
With out his dad. Sigh. Pout. A tear,
If this were then, instead of now,
Rather than xbox, he'd have to plow.

Anonymous said...

While Dad's away
Nate should not play

a plow I'll buy
he'll kick, he'll cry

but we all know
despite his show

it'll do him good
just feed him food

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to go on the trek. Better a few days than months. Bet your food was better also. Even the people that didn't have to pull a handcart and had regular wagons, still had to walk almost all the way. Several of your ancestors died on the way (to Oregon). Remember the hardships and be thankful that your ancestors were willing to take a chance. Love you guys

Anonymous said...

"For some must push
And some must pull.
As we go marching up the hill....."
What fun Nate!
I only wish I could have gone too.
All my life I've wanted to do that.
You make such a handsome pioneer.
I bet all he girls were crazy
about you.
But you can't help it
being one of the handsome
Peck men,
Which some did cross the plains.
Hope you can do it again.
Love your old grandma Peck

Anonymous said...

A treking nat will go, a treking nat will go, hi ho the nathan oh a treking he will go!
Okay I was feeling left out because I don't write potery, and I do not rhyme so there you have it! Josh is already dreading our trek next year, Alexie lived through her's, I just hope they don't ask us to be a ma and pa, then you will see a tear, a pout a big huge sigh, oh me oh my.

Klint said...

Stop that rhyming now, I mean it!

Anybody want a peanut?

Nate, I'm glad you had no rocks ahead.
Otherwise you you might all be dead.

Those that can't write poetry just steal it.

Sounds like good times Nate. I'll have to get some pointers as our stake goes next year. I can't wait, just hope I can walk by then. Way to go.