Monday, October 13, 2008

Marching Band, Saddies and Snow




This has been a really busy few weeks. Marching band is going full steam ahead. It's not for the faint of heart if you're a band parent. Lots of rides on a school bus with 40-50 teenage kids, late night hours and standing out in the rain and snow for hours on end while they warm-up and perform. I do this for one person........my Nafey Burger. He enjoys it so much and all the friends he has there. There is something about a big group of teenagers working for a common goal. They become really close.
Look at the icky sky. It was in the low 40's with a canyon wind wipping through. These are tough kids!!
Also Nathan got asked to Saddies by Kristen. She is a flute player on the marching band (of course). He answered her by laminating his answer,"My guts say yes." We bought 2 pumpkins and then dumped the guts of one pumpin into another and burying the answer in all the guts.
Saturday Nathan, Kristin and 3 other couples all went to Saddies. They got started kinda late since they had a very cold marching band competition that day.
Nathan said he had a blast!! Then sunday morning we woke up to snow and it snowed all morning. We only got a couple of inches but it was fun. Emily took most of the pictures of the snow. I only took the one of her. She may grow up to be a photographer like her Aunt Melanie. Whenever we give her free reign of the camera she goes for it.
Do you feel like getting a cup of hot chocolate?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Sweetie, I felt like I was there with you. What great discriptions. I wish I could have really been there, it looks so fun. Nathan looks great! I'm so glad he came home so he could do these things. Whenever, I'm feeling alone I remember that these are the reasons! What great kids I have too! I sure love them alot. And I love you!!!!!!!

Steve

Cap said...

That all sounds so fun. I miss my Marching Band days. It seems like such a long time ago. And speaking of hot chocolate, I happen to be drinking some right now. I like winter.

Love,
Chris

MJ said...

What great memories to be making! It's amazing that we can all be so busy, but it's sure fun to see what everyone's doing. Enjoy each moment!

grandma skettie said...

It's like living the days when Lori, Greg and Melanie were teens. No marching band but a lot of other activities (such as tp'ing, dancing, and Farrells late at night). It's good for them to have lots of fun along with the school work. So much fun to read all of this.