Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hiking Cadillac Mountain

The internet at the bed and breakfast we are staying at is really bad so for now I'm really limited as to the pictures I can put up and the time I've got to write......bummer.

Monday morning we decided to visit Acadia National Park. We went to the visitors center and saw that they had a bus that went around it and we could get off at different stops. The first stop was the Cadillac mountain train. We were told it was 2.4 miles and a moderate hike. What the heck....we'll do it. It was up hill all the way. And not just uphill but over some pretty big boulders. We were sweating like crazy......heat, humidity and how hard it was.

After an hour and a half of this we made it to the top. The view was incredible!!! Now we had to go back down. I was a little worried cuz of some of the rocks we'd have to climb down and knowing us (mainly Steve :) ) we could easily slip and fall. In the distance we saw a tour trolley. We went to the tour guide/driver and asked him if he could take us down the mountain. He could for $5 a piece. It was so worth it! I'm so glad we did this but I'm not sure we'd do it again.

I have tons more pics. but I may have to wait til we get home. We'll see how the connection is tomorrow night. :)

 

No comments: