Thursday, April 4, 2013

Coupons and Garden

I saved $86.70 in coupons for March.  Pretty good I guess.  :)  Today we got 4 cubic yards of dirt dumped in our driveway.  Heather and I went in together to get topsoil for our gardens.  When the dirt people dumped it off I thought what a small pile of dirt.  Then we started moving it to the backyard.  It took 3.5 hours to get 2 cubic yards back there.  It's a lot more than it looks.  Grateful Nathan and Emily helped me out.  I think all of us are going to be sore in the morning.  But I got both of the raised beds filled and some in the tomato garden.
Emily planted a bunch of strawberry plants in the holes of the cinder blocks in one of the raised bed and I transplanted some herbs in the holes of the other raised bed.  I think it's going to look pretty.  I am dead tired!!

No comments: