Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back in Austria

I am back in Austria. It's been a bit lonely. However, several things seem to be changing for the better. First the Austrians are taking the poop on the sidewalk problem seriously as evidenced by their new sign campaign which includes a 36 euro fine for violations.



I find living here alone not quite as fun as when Lori and the kids were here. For example, today I visited the Freud Museum and all I could think about was how much Nathan would have enjoyed this.



There were lots of photos with long detailed discriptions from Freud's life that I know Nathan would have spend hours pouring over. huh Nathan? Right?




My Superego quite enjoyed the whole museum and wanted to read every description. My Ego gave it kind of a shrug and ho-humed the whole thing and sometimes seemed bored and other times quite excited about the displays. My Id was absolutely insisting that it be fed so we left a little early and had a bagel.

Emily's old school was just up the street so I stopped by and took a couple of pictures:




And for Lori I thought I'd remind her of the fun stairs I know she misses climbing:



I love and miss you all so much!!!!! And special thanks to my Mom and Dad, Brothers and Sisters (in laws and out laws too), and all my kids for taking such good care of Mom and my kids on the beach trip. I've been so worried, but from her reports it sounds like she was well cared for and loved. Thank you all so much for all you did and all you continue to do to take care of my family while I'm away. I've been watching the HBO docudrama on John Adams and those guys spend years away from their spouses. It makes me feel like a baby because I've been whining so much about it! Well, I'm going to keep whining I'm afraid. I love and miss you all!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See if you can get me one of those no-dog-pooping signs to put up in my back yard. And see if they have one to discourage my cats from peeing and pooping anywhere they darn well please.

Klint said...

We sure missed you at the beach this year. we had a great time but it's never quite the same if someone's missing. Hope these next months go quickly for you so you can get back home. Take care.

Anonymous said...

If you get The History Channel, watch the series "The Universe". It's really good, although some of it was over my head like in "cosmos" was. You will do fine. Navy people are usually gone for six months on their ships, and you are much stronger, plus you are on land. (No sea sickness)I want a sign like the no-dog-pooping signs, only for horses that walk on the roads around here.

Anonymous said...

We missed you, We missed you, We missed you, everyday we missed you!! next one will be in Moab 2010Thats just so weird to think, Who would think it would be 2008 and we weren't flying around like the jetsons! I just knew it would be like the cartoon by now :( maybe in 2010! Sure make the drive easier! Love you Steve!

Chris and Lesa said...

Speaking of the universe, I can send you my DVD's of "The Universe" from the history channel. :) But if Steve gets a dog pooping sign, I want one. Maybe it will have a special effect on Chelsea, and she will obey the sign.