Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wiener Christkindlmarkt

It's the Vienna Christmas Market. Every year Vienna pulls out all the stops and puts up the largest Christmas Market in the world. Hundreds of stalls with food, crafts and gifts of very kind. Christmas stuff galore: ornaments? A Thousand kinds. Nativity seances by the score. I took a stroll having a cup of hot wassail (when I asked for the Kinderpunsch (Non-alcoholic wassail) the woman looked at me like I'd said, "Would you mind spitting in that cup for me?", I bought a paper cone of hot roasted chestnuts, and had a wurst sandwich. But I'll let you droll over the pictures. (Many are blurry because my flash broke but youll get the idea.)

































Drooling yet?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Steven! Only in Europe and obviusly Vienna most of all. I cannot even imagine a Christkindlmarkt larger than Munich. We literally could not move because of the crowds. We found the smaller villages with much more room to roam. The smells of the season are not to ever be forgotten. - Thanks for triggering those wonderful memories. - Love you! - Dad

Maureen said...

Im Drolling all over the place, What a fun fun time! Oh the fun you have had! Love you and so happy you will be home soon, even though you are going to miss all your neat adventures..

grandma skettie said...

Oh, I love the Christmas displays. I can never get enough of them. But "there's no place like home". Hope I can comment correctly this time. I kept messing up at Heidi's site.

Cap said...

That looks so fun. I am jealous. Nothing like that here. Maybe one day I will be able to see that. Love you,
Chris