Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A day at the gym

Heather (my next door neighbor)and I go to the gym every morning after we drop the kids off at school. We get upstairs and we get on the machines with our ipods going. We were there for about 20 minutes when we both heard some commotion and a little screaming. Neither one of can see anything going on but the yelling continues. We stop for a minute and look around....like everyone else is doing. Then we see a deer on the track. We stay put as people are running into the workout room. There were about 5 firemen already there try to chase it and make sure everyone was out of the way. They work out there almost every morning. Animal control and the police arrived and cornered the deer and shot it with a tranquilizer gun. They hauled it out and I guess what happened was that two of the doors were propped open because they were moving some gym equipment in and the deer snuck through. It made for an exciting work out (what little we did) but Heather and I decided to call it a day and we went to Walkers to get our diet cokes. I wish I had my phone with me then I could have taken some pictures. Arg!!!!












































April Fools :)

3 comments:

Cap said...

Whoa! That is crazy! I wish I was there. How often does that ever happen. Ha ha ha. What a great day at the gym. :)
Love, Chris

Cap said...

Ha ha, I didn't even read that april fools thing... Oh man!

Maureen said...

You can't get one over on me, Im on high alert, I don't believe anyone today, I told my family "nobody go to the hospital because I won't believe you and I won't be coming. so far so good. Good one though!! So did you really go to Walkers for a diet coke? that one I don't believe either ;)