Friday, June 26, 2009

Our Garden









One passion I have is gardening.......even weeding. I know it probably sounds insane but I do love to weed. And I think the reason why, is that it's a time where I can turn my music up loud (sorry neighbors) and think. I can be out there thinking (weeding ) for hours. You'd think the garden is pretty weed-free but with all the rain I have a hard time keeping up. Our garden doesn't look like much. Everything is scattered from one side to the other. No organization at all but it still seems to thrive. Maybe it's a reflection of my life......not really organized but not taken over by weeds.
I've got green peppers ( they look real cute when they're little) and there are tons of tomatoes all over the plants. I need lots of these for salsa!!!
Also peas and green beans. I also planted 10 zucchini plants and 12 pumpkins plants. Why I did that?......I have no idea. It sounded good at the time but just as a warning...don't leave your car doors unlocked in August or I may be depositing zucchini in your back seat.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

If you like weeding you should come visit us, Or just come & visit. The garden looks good.

Maureen said...

Oh it all looks so good..our peppers are looking just like yours..gardens are the best..Jerry gets all the credit here though..

grandma skettie said...

You come by gardening naturally. Just as Em loves flowers. It's nice when we inherit something good from our ancestors. I'm glad you love growing things. Yeah, I agree, even weeding is fun.

Heidi said...

The woman in the neckbrace passes on the weeding LOL!
We have peppers too, have been putting them in the rice dishes and sautees... our lemons are about 2 inches across now, and we have eaten or frozen all the peaches already. They were really good this year!
I think there is something satisfying about having control over the weeds; it's just one but it is one whole section of our lives we have some control over and the problems are obvious. Theraputic! :D