Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Day

 Yesterday was my birthday.  It was a fun day!  We did go to a funeral also for a friend that passed away last week.  It was nice funeral.....but also very hard.  He's Steve's age.  He use to be our bishop and YM pres.  A very great man and will be missed so much.
 But before the funeral one of my neighbors, Rose, came by with a fruit basket for me. She's 90 yrs old and full of spunk.  I heard her yelling my name outside so I ran down the stairs and there she was with the basket.  It's hard for her to go up and down the stairs.  She is a dear friend!
 I got this adorable necklace from Timothy and Jessica.  On one of the circles has the name of each one of our kids, the other one has L & S and then 5 peas in the pod for my cute kids.  I love it!!!
 Emily wrote me a note with a picture of the two of us.  She's the one with the freckles.  :)
 Steve and I went to Macaroni Grill for dinner.  It was so good!  Then I got sang to in Italian and a free dark chocolate desert.  We walked out of there so stuffed!!
 Steve bought me a wireless speaker for me ipad.  The speaker can go anywhere.....and it's red.  It's great to have to listen to music anywhere in the house.  They had a hard time getting it out of the package.  :)
Christopher and Lesa gave me this sign to hang up.  I love it!!!  I hung it up as soon as I got it.  :)  It was a fun birthday.  Tonight we're doing a birthday dinner and having Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. Can't wait!!!

No comments: