Thursday, January 24, 2013

Keeping eyes opened.

This morning on our way home from working out I noticed an elderly lady crouched down in the snow.  I wondered if I should drive on........ but I stopped the car and told Steve that there's an elderly lady that may need our help. I backed up the car.  She was still on all 4s stuck in the snow.  Steve got out to help her.  We got a lot of freezing rain this morning and she slipped and was stuck.  He got her up and walked her to her porch.  Then went to get her newspaper for her.  That's why she went out.  It made us feel good to help her out.  It made me think back a few months ago while I was shopping and one of the workers in the store had a cart load of boxes to unload.  One of them tipped over and all the products fell out.  I just walked by.  I thought to myself, "what the heck am I doing?"  Then went back to help her pick everything up.  Sometimes I wonder why I would just walk by.  This incident  made me want to try and be aware the needs of others.  It's so easy to just go through my day getting the things done I need to without being aware of people around me.   I'm going to keep trying to be aware of people around me.

4 comments:

Cap said...

I like that! You're such a good example, Mom! I, too try to watch for things, and sometimes, when I'm busy, or whatever, I don't stop, and I always feel embarrassed and guilty throughout the day.

Thanks for the reminder that we shouldn't ever feel too busy to stop and help.

Maureen said...

Its because you are a caring, giving person..who I love a lot!!

Maureen said...

You are a loving, caring person..you have always seen the needs of others :)

The Pecks said...

Thank you Maureen. You are a sweetie and I love you too. :)