Friday, January 18, 2013

This last week

The last week or so has been filled with illness.  Jaron, Emily and I came down with a killer cold that just wouldn't go away.  What was weird is that I couldn't hear very well.  I almost felt like I was in water.    Later I went to the dr. and got some antibiotics to kick the infection and everyone seems to be getting better.  Then yesterday I went to the dentist.  I got 2 crown preps and a big filling taken care of. I took almost 3 hours.......blah!  It came to $900 after insurance.  I was shocked.  Still am.  I can't believe that dental has gone up so much.  I wonder if it's gone up that much everywhere?  So I'm still recovering from the shock and also the pain of the visit too.  Going to the dentist always kills my day.  Another thing I've been doing is reading the New Testament.  I'm really confused about what is truth and what is opinion right now.  I'm finding a lot of good basic truths in Jesus teachings.......and  I'm finding that there are tons of opinions out there.  I'm also finding that what some people think as truths I'm finding they are more opinions but that's ok.  We're all different and I think sometimes I'm more a skeptic.  I like to think about things (and pray) to make sure what I believe and think is right.   :)  I am enjoying the search.
 We are all ready and in need for a 3 day weekend.

1 comment:

Cap said...

I have the same concerns, too. Have you read, Letter to a Doubter, by Terryl Givens?