Saturday, May 10, 2008

Carriage Ride.........by Lori

Steve and I had to run a bunch of errands this morning for his trip to Africa. But I still wanted to do something fun with the family. It was really beautiful out and warm. So I suggested that we all go on the carriage ride. Steve didn't want to do that today and Nathan just moaned (he's 17 and they moan a lot!!). Emily and I were excited. We had to decide if you wanted to 20 min. or the 40 min. ride. Steve, Emily and I wanted the 40 min. ride and Nathan wanted the 20min. one. We out voted him so he moaned. The guy who drove the carriage also told us everything we were seeing and a brief history of it. It was so interesting. Everyone took turns with the camera and taking pictures of everything we saw.































This is a statue that represents the black plague. Underneath this walk area is where a whole bunch of people who died from it are buried.




























This is a hotel where Mozart stayed.







This last picture is where Beethoven lived.

4 comments:

Chris and Lesa said...

Poor Nate has to endure culture. Ha ha... That sounds like it would be pretty fun. I think it is so cool that you are surrounded by so much history. And to view it you can go on a dandy carriage ride.

Anonymous said...

Oh the life of the rich and famous! I can only live advertures through you lucky ones right now, but someday, yes someday I will get to ride a carriage in Vienna, it might be in my next life, but it will happen..(Steve, Im practicing my positive thinking)

Anonymous said...

Very cool... I have have never rode in a carriage before. Nate, you should be happier because it could somehow be a life changing event... Maybe. Anyways, nice pictures and I'm glad you all had fun! I love you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

A carriage for a prison
from which I am forced
to view places of death.
Unfortunate plague victims.
Fortunate piano players.
They are all dead.
Fourty minutes of darkness.
A black carriage.

-----------------------------

Some numerology for the number of minutes spent in the carriage (or why Nathan was pushing so hard for the 20 minute version):

Split the number 40 into its parts:
40
4 + 0 = 4
4 in Chinese is death

Split the number 20 into its parts:
20
2 + 0 = 2
2 in Chinese is harmony, happiness and the eternal truth that "good things come in pairs."

Next time Nathan, don't roll over so easy on parental pressure. There are deep truths associated with your sometimes unintelligible moanings. As they say, “From the mouths of babes.”