Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The proof

So here is the proof:





Each stamp was a shot. Today I got my last shot which is a polio shot. I'm so glad I'm done for now. Going to Africa is really hard apparently. I start anti malarial pills next week. They gave me a medical kit with needles, antibiotics and all kinds off stuff. But at least I'm going with an organization that knows its business there. I had to get authorized by the UN to enter Ethiopia under their banner but it comes with perks, mostly in the form of warnings about this and that, but also I'll be there with people who used to live there. Hopefully, they know what they are doing?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were the batch numbers of those vaccinations the ones that were found to be laced with xxxxxxx. Probably not. Besides, you'd know it by now if there was a problem as you would be feeling worn down ... kind of like having chronic fatigue syndrome.

Let me know if the tainted constituent was x'd out in the transmission -- sometimes the internet agency overseeing the keeping of government and big business conspiracy secrets is able to catch these things before they even get through the ethernet.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!

Anonymous said...

So funny, I was going to just write OUCH, and I look down and see Dad just wrote the same thing, Great minds think a like. (or should I say "great minds run in the family) either way were great! :) Glad your done with all your shots..

Anonymous said...

Ouch! - Double Ouch! - I don't want to be left out.

Anonymous said...

Still it's a lot better than when you went into the army. Bill said you just walked down a line and they hit you on both arms with needles. He said some guys would just pass out. I'm sure if you remember that time, this time won't seem quite so bad.

Anonymous said...

Steve:
You're a brave man and what an adventure--Ethopia! Wow! I hope all goes well. Be careful! Love, Russ.