Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Corn...it belongs on the cob!


Since Steve is still in Africa, I decide to just go out and get pizza for dinner tonight. So I walked there so get a half of a pepperoni pizza and half of a ham pizza. I'm not sure what it is but I've noticed that Austrians love corn. So much that they like it on EVERYTHING. Yes, even pizza. So I went there fully aware that I would have to order the pizza with NO corn. I believe that corn does fine on it's own or on the cob. It doesn't have to be on anything or in anything. It does great on it's own with lots of butter. The guy working there knows no English so I tried to use my hands to describe no corn on the pizza because ALL of them in the display had corn on them. I was successful in getting the pepperoni with zero corn on it. I was also successful in getting 1/4 of the ham with no corn but he made sure the other quarter had as much corn on it as possible. I gave up and gave him the money and went home. All 3 of us ate the pizza without the corn on it and then Nathan got brave to try the corn one. He ate one bite and the rest is still sitting on the table.

3 comments:

Nic said...

When you get home you'll have to treat us to some "corn" pizza. Sounds interesting. : )

Anonymous said...

That does sound strange to have corn on the pizza. Back during the old days of say WW2 era, the German people would not eat corn and thought it was only good for pig feed. My how times have changed. Bring that corn pizza home with you. I want to try it. - Another strange experience. - Love and miss you all - Dad/grandpa

Anonymous said...

EWWWWW!! Corn Pizza! I bet Nathan would like that. If I remember correctly, back in the day Nathan eating some strange mixtures with corn. Or maybe it was Jaron? haha I cant remember!! I love you guys!!!!!!