Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Grandma Awbrey


Yesterday morning my Grandma Awbrey passed away. She was 99. Just a few months shy of 100. I have tons of great memories of my grandma.....and grandad. They lived on a farm and I remember as a kid running around on their land, feeding chickens, exploring grandad's big workshop, hot chocolate made with milk, looking for arrow heads, eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, driving the tractor, seeing piles of feathers and not knowing how are why they were there :) and lots and lots of fishing. My grandma taught me how to make a pie and we had lots of great talks. I will miss her but I know she is with my grandad now and is happy. Thanks Grandma for all the wonderful memories!!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

What a great life she must of lived to have lived 99 years.. The stories she must of told..wow..Love you!

Cap said...

I know she meant a lot to you. I'm glad that you were able to have such wonderful moments with her. Love you!