Thursday, November 10, 2011

Books

Lately I've been doing quite a bit of reading. One book I finish is called, "Gilead." Steve and I got to meet the author so I wanted to have it at least started so I could say something a little intellectual when I met her. I got up to page 60 so I could say something but the meat of the book was later on. I highly recommend it. It made me step back a little and remember the important things of this life. Also it made me think about grace, forgiveness and not to judge others so harshly. It left me thinking for days after I finished reading it.
The book I just finish is, "Flunking Sainthood" by Jana Riess. There were some lol moments but there were some really great messages. Some of the things that stuck out were, The Lord's Prayer. I remember as a kid, we were members of the Lutheran church and the Lord's Prayer was said every week. So I tested myself to see if I still knew it by heart......and I did!! I wish we said it more. I also liked the part about being hospitable to others when they come to our home and being kind. Also keeping the Sabbath day more holy. There were funny parts in that chapter too. One thing I'm not going to try is fasting every day from sunrise to sunset. I also recommend this book too.....fun reading!!

1 comment:

Cap said...

I want to read them both!