Monday, February 6, 2012

Nathan's email

Hey Mommers!
Wow, that's soo nuts that Darci has been born already! That's pretty crazy! You'll have to send me some more pictures as you get them!!! Thanks fore the money. Last month while in Savonlinna we had to buy bus tickets and it was at the end of the month so we didn't have any MSF (the money the church gives us) so we had to buy the tickets with our own money which kinda sucks but hopefully here soon I'll be able to get that money back. SO it sounds like everything there is going good. It sounds like dads book signing went really good. That's so crazy that all of this stuff has happened sense I've been gone. Dad's becoming a pretty big celebrity. Things here are going pretty good. Last week was really cold it got down to about -30 outside and I honestly thought I was going to freeze to death.. haha. It was pretty cold and riding our bikes in it really didn't help. Today however has been in the low teens. like right now i think its about -12 so that's super nice!! I may not even need thermals today :) But other than that things here are going pretty good. We've got a good amount of investigators however I honestly haven't seen half of them so they'll probably get dropped here soon if we cant get in touch with them soon. Other than that though not too much is really going on here. But thanks for everything! I love and miss you a ton!
Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Nate Peck

Hey Pops,

Sounds like you had a fun week. That's too bad that there weren't any good commercials this year. Hopefully next year we'll get some good ones. It seems however that the commercial quality has been decaying lately so hopefully in the next year or so we'll be able to get some good ones.

Things up in the freezing cold north are going pretty well. This last week was pretty cold, it got down to about -30 and it got pretty cold while we were riding our bikes around. Luckily today is in the low teens. The last time that I checked it, it was about -12 and it was -19 this morning, so it's really just warming up today, so I'm really excited about that.

I don't know if I've ever told you but you're basically a celebrity here in Finland. Tons of people have listened to your pod casts and you're changing a lot of peoples views on evolution. It's pretty funny almost every missionary here has heard about Steve, the Evolutionary Biologist. So your pretty well known now.

The missionary work here in Rovaniemi is going pretty good. We've got a good amount of investigators, however I haven't meet a lot of them, so we could be dropping a lot of them here soon. However the work is really going pretty well. The ward here is really cool, we don't get a lot of D.A.'s but they are all really cool. It's a good place and I think that I'm really going to enjoy it here.

Well that's really about all for now but I hope you have a great week and I love and miss you! Take care!

Rakkaudella,
Vanhin Nate Peck

No comments: