Monday, May 28, 2012

Our "stroll" up to Stewart Falls

Last year when Brody came to visit we took him on a hike up to Stewart Falls. It was a pretty tough hike uphill but while we were hiking I noticed people hiking along the river to the falls. It looked so much easier than what we were doing so I thought the next time we hike this we should take that trail to the bottom of the falls. After we finally found a place to park and the trail head......it was uphill.
We talked to some people when we got started and they said it was 1.5 miles round trip.  but it wasn't 1.5 miles round trip.  It was 1.5 miles each way.....and uphill.  Lets just say I wasn't too happy about it.  It wasn't my stroll.  I found out when we were about half way there that the "strolling" part was on private property.
This is just a really weird picture of all of us.
When we got there Jaron wanted to go higher up.
Emily, Steve and Nathan.  I have no idea who the guy in the orange shirt is but he's in a lot of our pictures.  Steve carried that camera the whole time so not a lot of pictures of him.  :(
Cute, cute picture of the kiddos.
I like this one of Emily, Steve took.  :)
Then we headed back.  Going downhill was a lot easier.  Glad we did it but if I knew it would be as hard as it was I think I would have suggested something different.  Golden Corral afterwards from all the calories we burned off.

1 comment:

Lesa said...

guess we won't try that one.