Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's done!!!

It has been an incredibly long day. I started working on the floor before 9am this morning. Steve ran to Walkers to get us both diet cokes to start the day. I started laying down the glue. The glue stuck to everything. Got a bunch in my hair I'm still trying to get out.
Then I started laying down the tiles. It really wasn't that hard. In about an hour I had all the square ones laid out. Then I got to the edges. I called Steve in. There were so many angles there was no way I could calculate all of that. Six and a half hours later we were still trying to get the edges done and the glue was basically dry.
So I spread on more glue and waited another half hour for it to set and then Steve and I started to cut angles again. By the time we were done we were covered with glue and so were all the tools we were using. I never had to let go of my utility knife cuz it was always stuck to me.
We finally got it done. Both of us are totally wasted but it's done!!! I want to thank my dad and Jerry for getting me through this.....couldn't have done it without you!!!!.....and doesn't it look good?

BTW....I have to thank Steve too. He has incredible patience with putting up with me and my projects and dragging him into them.

6 comments:

Maureen said...

I L.O.V.E. it...yes I do..you are amazing..yes amazing..good job!!!!!

dpeck said...

Wow, does it ever look great. Good job.

Lesa said...

It looks great! I can;t wait to come over and see it!

tim said...

wow that looks really good!!! Good work :D

-Danica- said...

WOW you are awesome!! That looks amazing

Cap said...

Whoa!!!! That looks great!!! We need to come over today!!!