Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Day In The Park..........by Lori


We have all our weekends so booked up as to things we want to do before we come home. This weekend was our amusement park weekend. One of the first things we did was to get a picture of the four of us. It was fun getting all dressed up for this.

After we got done with the picture, Nathan wanted to go on this roller coaster that goes upside down and twists and turns. So I told him that I would go on it with him. So we get on and we start backing up. Nathan is starting to shake. Finally, when we get high enough to make the first loop, we drop. We are upside down and turning all over the place. I'm thinking, that was fun and I'm glad it's done. But it wasn't done. We had to do it again but only in reverse and backwards. When we got off I was now the one shaking. You can barely see us in the picture. I have my white coat on and Nathan is next to me.



Steve and I made Emily and Nathan go on the slide. For one, Emily and Nathan have never been on one of these kind of slides and now they can say they have, and it was a cheap ride. I think they both liked it even though Nathan probably wouldn't ever admit it.



Steve really wanted to go on this water ride. Nathan didn't want to go because he didn't want to get wet. It was kinda cold out and he didn't want to freeze but he went along with Steve because Emily nor I wanted to for the same reason as Nathan. Steve found out it just wasn't a splashy water ride. When you get to the top, your boat is spinning in circles as you are floating down.




We went on a lot more rides but Emily wants to blog on some of the rides she went on. We had a really fun day. Steve and I came home with really dizzy head aches but we'd do again if we had the chance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic picture!! Love it..The amusment park looks like so much fun..Lori you are a trooper to go on the roller coaster. Nathan you look like you really did like the slide, Gald you guys are having some fun weekends..Keep up the blogging, love it!!

Anonymous said...

When we lived in DC we had a list of historical sites we wanted to see and things we wanted to do -- we could have stayed there for several years and not taken it all in. Then we got transferred out to Salt Lake City after only 14 months. Get in all the Europe you can in your remaining weeks. I would recommend centering your excursions around ABBA's 1974 European tour. Ahh the memories.

Klint said...

Glad to see your having so much fun. The picture looks awsome but I would have dressed more comfortable for a day at an amusement park. I guess some of the culture was bound to rub off. The top hats must have been hard to keep on while on the rides though.

Anonymous said...

I like the old school picture of you guys! you should make it really big and put it over the fireplace when you get back :)