Tuesday, April 1, 2008

If Only I Had A Camera....by Lori

Today started out as any normal day. I got Emily off to school at 7:30 and got Nathan started with his homeschool. Steve and I decided last night to go to Ikea on his lunch break. We needed food desperately (especially their oatmeal chocolate cookies)! We went to the cafeteria to get lunch and you wouldn't believe who was there........the CEO himself!!! We got a free lunch and a 1000 euro gift card to use!! We didn't have much time so we went to get the food. We'll get more stuff next time. We bought 15 boxes of cookies, 30 jars of pickled herring and 15 packages of hard tack crackers. It was really tough to carry all the food out but we made it to the bus stop. We got on the bus and we were looking for a seat for us and all our food when the bottom of paper sack tore open with all the pickled herring in it. The herring went crashing to the floor of the bus. Most of them breaking open with fish and juices all over the floor. Steve immediately opened some of the crackers to try and mop some of it up. Before he got very far a lady stepped in all of the mess and slipped. She hurt her ankle so they called an ambulance to take her to the hospital. The ambulance gets her and Steve is still trying to clean up the mess with the crackers while I'm apologizing profusely to the lady. She didn't know English so it was really hard. All she did was point to one of our Ikea bags. It was the bag with the cookies. To make a long story short, to receive forgiveness I had to give her all of my cookies. I gave her all but one box.






.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

April Fools!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! That was awesome! I like the story. That would have been an interesting day if that did happen... Too bad... Or good. It depends. I liked it. Good April Fools joke. I love you.

Anonymous said...

You got me! - Creative story, but smart Dyann figured it out before she got to the April Fool part. I ate it all up. - Love and miss you all - and that's no April Fool statement. - Dad Peck

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I went right along with it until the giving away all the cookies,but only keeping 1 package and I knew you would never do that. I think you are better at telling stories than ever. Enjoyed it a whole bunch. Somehow I could see Steve trying to save all the pickled herring. Sorry Steve.

Anonymous said...

You had me until the lady slipping on the fish! Pretty dang good, the best I did was tell my boss she needed to call Mr. Lyon, it was a emergency, and I gave her the zoo number. She said "Maureen you gave me the wrong number, I got the zoo." I said "you mean there is no Mr. Lyon at the zoo? I think I got demoted to #2 slave instead of #1. oh well. Happy April Fools..

Anonymous said...

Wow! haha you had me going there! Thats an awesome story!!! I think that was my first/best April fools blog ever ever read! I love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same category Lori, I thought, man it sounds like something that would happen to me! (Not the 1000 Euro gift card--just the accident) Then wham! The hook was set and somebody was reeling me in! Great story!--Russ