Sunday, April 27, 2008

Why Cow Milk?-Nate Peck

Read this Calvin and Hobbes comic before moving on to the rest of the Blog:




(in case you cant see it theirs a link to a bigger picture, or see other Calvin and Hobbes comics)


So i thought that Fit quite well with the Melk trip, hahaha, so I, Nathan D. Peck, have been obligated to blog to you today about the food of Melk, Yummy Yummy. Anyway when we arrived at the Melk train station, there was a vending machine, and being the hungry person i am decided to look in to it, and to my surprise they had Skittles, which is something they don't have in Vienna. They were GREAT, sure they were hard from they fact that they were cold but it was the best tasting thing I'd had in months. and I had a total of 3 box's they were good.









(odd looking picture of me, but I'm actually looking at the Skittles, Sorry mom I'm not looking at you)


After i had eaten my skittles we decided to get some lunch at the Abby restaurant. So we got there and in case you didn't know all the menus are in German, so most of the time we don't know what we are getting, but we can always guess pretty good to what we are getting. so this time Mom and Emily got a pork schnitzel to share, Dad got a beef Goulash, and I got a cheese pasta thing. All of the meals were really good and very Delicious and good.



So after the lunch Mom, Dad, and Emily decided to go get some ice cream, i didn't get any because i wasn't all to very hungry after eating skittles and having that big lunch so i just sat there and watched them in ice cream. apparently it was very good, but really who knows.


And last just for the sake of saying we did it we all drank Milk in Melk, just because we're cool like that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Nathan, love Calvin and Hobbs, so funny, and I think you need to make your own "Got Milk" commerical, you should have made milk mustaches. How many people can say they had Milk in Melk, not many Americans, thats for sure..Keep having fun!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all your great adventures on your blog! I'm sure jealous--it looks like you're having such a wonderful time! We're looking forward to hearing all about them in Fort Bragg soon! Take care--

Love, Russ and family

Anonymous said...

Great reporting Nathan....Oh how I'd love go to Melk and drink milk. It sounds so nourishing. You know it is weird we drink milk from a cow, when they say goat milk is so much better for us....closer to human size.

Thank you Steve for your great e-mail to me. Will write more soon. Sure do love all of you. - Grandma/Mom

Anonymous said...

Great reporting Nathan...Oh, how I'd like to go to Melk and drink milk too. It sounds very nourishing. You know it is weird, we drink cow milk, when they say goat milk is so much better for us....because it's closer to human size.

Thank you Steve for your great e-mail. I appreciated it. will write soon. Sure do love you all. Grandma/Mom

Anonymous said...

I can't believe 3 boxes of Skettles would keep you from eating ice cream. Emily - who finished the rest of your milk? I know how much you LOVE milk. Glad you drank some anyway. That's a great sport.

Klint said...

So you got Melked. I hope it wasn't to painful. What an exciting time you all are having. I got to tell you I love Europe and am jelous at the things you are seeing. Glad you got some taste of america in a vending machine. Keep up the great Blogging