Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Big Foot

Before reading this.....just know that there are some drugs in my system so if it sounds a little off or bizarre, it's the drugs talking.....not me :) Steve and I had to be at the hospital at 6am for my surgery at 7. I'd have to say that is early!!! I couldn't eat or drink after midnight and being there at 6 I really wasn't awake enough to get hungry. Did all the tests, weight, height, heart, blood pressure and pregnancy.......guess what? I'm not pregnant....Ha ha. The anesthesiologist put me under but it was really light so I kept waking up during it. I think they said before I went out how they were going to put a tourniquet or something around my leg during surgery so I remember waking up to see if my leg was still attached to me by wiggling my toes or moving my foot a little. I'm sure the dr. didn't like that but then I would go out again. I'm not sure how many times I did this.
The surgery was only two hours. I had a bone shortened, a joint fixed and some bone spurs removed.
For the next six weeks I will be wearing a lovely black boot but for one week I'm suppose to stay off of it. I think I did pretty good today not driving anybody nuts but this is day one. I like to move around and keep busy and I believe my family will suffer with me being stuck to the couch for the next 6 days.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Looks comfy now, but a week of that would drive anyone crazy..good to see you have your diet coke..hope you have lots of fun movies to watch..glad it all went well. love you..