Friday, February 12, 2010

Egg Tree

Easter is HUGE in Vienna and while we were living there they had (and do every year) a big Easter market. There are hundreds and hundreds of hand painted eggs that they sell. They are all beautiful. Most of them are chicken eggs but there are some ostrich eggs and goose eggs too. I think the hand painted ostrich eggs were a 100 euros each. But we did pick up some of the painted chicken eggs and one goose egg. The hardest part was picking out which ones to get. Emily helped me pick some out.



The next Easter rolls around and I have no way to display these gorgeous eggs so they stay in the box. This week I decide to make a tree to hang them on. I broke off a branch from the lilac bush, bought a bucket thingy at Tai Pan and some floral foam, white spray paint and tadaaaaa................
an egg tree.

The big egg in the center of the picture is the goose egg. I would love to go back and get more. Maybe some year.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That is a real cute idea. I know you will enjoy it too.