Saturday, February 27, 2010

Things I should have learned

Here are some things that I learned or that I should have learned while Steve is on business trips...

1 .I don't make a good single parent. And the reason is, I worry too much. If Steve is here he can take on half the worries. Being by myself, I second guess myself when I have to make decisions about the kids or anything else.

2. I don't sleep. Or at least very much. When he's gone I don't fall asleep till after midnight and I'm up by 5am. It's a horrible schedule but it's just how it is. So basically I'm half dead most of the time.

3. Never, never, never have surgery before your husband leaves!!! I thought 3 weeks recovery would be good......and it is......it's better than 2 but it's still hard. With this boot on it takes me twice as long to do anything, from showering to getting to the store and cleaning. Hauling a vacuum cleaner down the stairs is impossible.

4. And don't make any kind of big plans while they are gone.......it will eat you alive!!

So here are some things to remember. I already knew most of them and with Steve travelling so much I should be a pro at remembering them. I think it takes me awhile to get things through my head sometimes. Steve will be home late tonight and then he heads out to Africa in a week and a half. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

why must we have to learn anything hard???? Im so glad Steve will be home today..I wouldn't like being a single mom either..it would stink..love you all..