Thursday, February 18, 2010

A non-scientific experiment

Just a thought;
Yesterday I went to the gym for the first time since my foot surgery. I took 3 weeks off to recoup and the Dr. gave me the ok to go back. One thing I noticed about a week after my surgery I started having anxiety attacks again. Not as bad as they use to be. The last 2 weeks I had maybe 4 or 5 of them where before I started exercising I would have them 5 or 6 times a week or more. I hate having them and I thought it was odd that I was having them again when I hadn't had one in a long time. So I started thinking what was going on in my life to set them off......besides surgery. Nothing out of the ordinary.
And then I wonder.......is it cuz I haven't been exercising? Can exercising help get rid of anxiety attacks? I don't think it gets rid of them but I honestly think it helps. When life gets really, really crazy I will get an occasional one but on any normal day........I don't have one.
So I'm going to keep hanging out at the gym 3 times a week. For the next few months I will be on the bikes with my boot on until the pins come out. I didn't think I would ever say this.......but I really missed the gym a lot!!!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Panic attacks are no fun..exercising does help a lot..I occasionally get them, mostly when I let myself get too tired..hang in there..when you start to have one think of my smiley face and shopping..;)