Friday, April 30, 2010

Cathy

Earlier this week a friend of mine from Vienna passed away. She had a tough battle with cancer that finally won. The cancer won her body but not her spirit. She was the one who ALWAYS had a smile on her face. She played the piano for Sacrament Meeting and she radiated love for everyone......and she was tough!!! This is what I thought about her and I know a lot of people do plus so much more. I only knew her for 7 months in Vienna and then facebook friends but in that short time she had an impact on me and my family.
It got me thinking though.......what will I be remembered for. I know I will be remember for the roles I've played but what kind of person....nice? tough? stubborn? helpful? sarcastic? etc......Maybe that's kinda weird to think but death does make you think beyond the every day things. I wonder if I will make a positive impact on this world that I will be remembered for good. Cathy will be missed by so many but what she leaves behind is a great example of a very beautiful, amazing and strong woman.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

It always makes me ponder life when someone I loved passes away..I'll tell you what you'll be remembered for, Amazing Mom, Sister, Wife, Friend, and someone who would do anything for her loved ones and wants everyone to just be happy..Someone who has so much talent in so many things..Thats from a sister (in law) who loves you to pieces..

Nic said...

Of course you will be remembered for many wonderful things!! You are an amazing person and have made my life BETTER!! You are a great friend, mom, and all around person!! :) Oh . . .and chocolate!! You'll be remembered for the contraband that you bring to church . . . which I have benefited from many times. :) Love you, Lori!! :)