Tuesday, May 31, 2011

In Oregon

I'm here to help my parents out with my gramma J's funeral and wherever else I can help. It's been a couple of years since I've been out here. I'm always amazed at how green it is here. I got here around 12:30pm. When I got to the airport I went to get my seat assignment.......12c. I thought I was smack dab in the middle of the plane. When I got on the plane was smaller than I thought. Seat 12c is the very back seat.....right by the one bathroom on the plane. It was a good flight. I read for the whole two hours. When I got here we went and got some lunch and then went to the funeral home to get the headstone for my gramma's grave. I'm totally amazed at how expensive they are. They're a major investment!!! So tomorrow we are going to see the minister and mom and I are going to go through gramma's clothes. Tonight I went through some of her jewelry. It just seems kinda weird and not real to me yet that she has passed away. Also my gramma wanted Steve to write the eulogy. Mom read it today and loved it. It's hard writing a eulogy but Steve did a great job. I'm glad I'm here to help out.

No comments: