Saturday, October 1, 2011

Adjustment

The last couple of days I have been getting rid of Doc's things and kinda cleaning up after her. Mainly for Emily. The day she died I got rid of the dog food and her bowls and things around the house. I didn't want them around to keep reminding her. It's hard as it was. When she got home from school she wanted to wash the back door from Doc jumping up with her muddy paws. I took care of that as soon as she left for school the next day and put up fall decorations as a distraction. I have to say though, Emily is handling it pretty well.
Steve is leaving for France this morning. He just got home yesterday from the deer hunt with his family. And my prayers were answered.......no deer. That is not something I want to deal with while he's in France.....blaahhh!!!! Steve will be gone for about a week.
But it is weird not having Doc around. I really do miss her. She use to greet me when I came home or would be just laying around while I was home. Just some adjustment time......but we'll all get there.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Hugs and Love to you all..