Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Facebook

The last few days I have been more or less staying away from facebook. I lurk every once in a while but that's it. And I've hidden a few people. The reason is I'm really tired of the hate. I know with the elections getting closer it's only going to get worse. A lot of the horrible things people say there are hateful and not even true. I think the comments are even worse. It's kinda funny......I tell my Sunday school class (14 yr olds) that I really don't like the word "hate" and I told them why......how it's such a strong word. They can say GREATLY dislike. That's fine but not hate. So they are really good and not saying it and if someone does, one of the other kids will catch them. When I read so much of this hate garbage on facebook it really puts me in a bad mood. So I did some major hiding and staying off except for comments here and there. And I have to say, it hasn't been that bad. I'm getting a lot of stuff done. :)

3 comments:

dpeck said...

You are so right on. Facebook is not the place for hate speech.

Cap said...

I agree! I really don't like how it has given people this idea that their opinion is important enough to share something full of hate. Most of it is just ignorance. I get frustrated, too and so I am barely barely on anymore.

smwaters said...

Just about anytime I read comments (especially on online newspapers), I wonder if I live around a bunch of neanderthals (no offense to the actual neanderthals who had smaller prefrontal cortices). To refresh myself after reading such comments, I go listen to a TED talk and then I feel like there is hope again for humanity.