Friday, October 7, 2011

Preserve



I preserved ( canned ) 4 things this year. Our little apricot tree produced lots of fruit so I got lots of jam out of it. It doesn't look like a whole lot but knowing that we've eaten half of it already we did get quite a bit. We're slowing down now with eating it now that the jam has honey to compete with. It doesn't look like we got a lot of honey by looking at the shelf but there's another shelf with lots of honey on it too. I just haven't organized it very well yet. But I have to say that it is the most delicious honey and the most expensive there is......if you include the hospital bill and ambulance ride. :)
Then I made lots of salsa. There's an additional shelf of that too....just not organized. I made enough so there would be enough for when Nathan got home.

Then with the left over tomatoes from the garden I canned them to go in chili. Nothing better!! I was thinking about doing apple sauce cuz we still have tons of apples on the trees but I have a hard time getting motivated to pick apples when it's raining and snowing outside.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

wow..im so impressed..good job..the one thing I wish more then anything is we had a nice cool place to put food storage..I would love a basement..you are amazing..