Saturday, January 19, 2008

Shopaholics...I'm watching out for you. By Lori

I have to admit.....I love to shop. Shopping here has been a new experience for me. But I feel I need to do it for when company comes I will know where to take them and where to stay away from. Somebodies got to do it so I'll sacrifice. Last night Steve and I went to stephanplatz. It's the tourist hang out and where they go to buy souvenirs. I can tell you first hand that you'll pay almost twice the amount as you would at stores outside the area. Just 2 blocks up from our apartment is a long (at least 2 miles) street called Mariahilfer that has stores on both sides of the street. I haven't gone the whole distance yet but almost. It is famous for it's stores and great deals. You could spend days there shopping. And some of the stores you go in are like mini malls. There are also some that are 4-5 floors high. I have found great things here. If you're hungry there are lots of little bakery's on the side that you can buy pastries or sandwiches. But be advised.....there are not a lot of bathrooms. You have to really look for them. I will scout them out before anyone comes. But when you do come, bring an extra suit case and lots of money because there is so much cute and fun stuff here!!!!! Another great place to shop is the open market that also has a flea market on Saturdays. There are tons of antiques there. They have lots of fresh fruit and veggies and bakery's too. You won't starve here. So get your walking shoes on and get in shape for lots of shopping. We will have a BLAST!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - Can hardly wait. Best if Maureen does not read this

Anonymous said...

Sorry to late, and Im starting as we speak to save every penny I come across ( I just found one on the floor) So keep looking for all the places you will take me! Yes we will have a blast, we always dooooooooo!!!! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori - Can hardly wait to hit the little shops when we get there. I remember shopping in Bischofsheim when we first got to Germany and wishing all our family shoppers were with me. But just think, one by one of us will sooon be there to go with you before too long. I can hardly wait. So many fond memories of Germany are coming back to me. - I love you - "Mom" Peck.

Anonymous said...

I am riduculously jealous of the lp's that you get to look at all of them time. I will be bringing money only for vinyls. and I will be extreamly happy holding in my crazy urges to go to the bathroom in order to look for the best vinyls.