Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Frozen Stiff.........by Lori


For the last four days we had to survive without hot water or heat. The heater/hot water heater broke. The temperature of our apartment was the same as outside....freezing!! Sunday night I boiled lots of hot water for baths and it was nice to get clean and I did a lot of baking. The warmness of the oven never lasted very long and then it would be freezing again. Finally today (knock on wood) it is fixed and working. I have the temperature on higher than usual to help us to thaw out and we did all showered so we don't stink. Chalk it up to another experience in Vienna.

6 comments:

Chris and Lesa said...

And I thought when it went out for Lesa and I for 6 houras was horrible. This is so worse. I'm sorry. I glad it is working again. I love you.

Anonymous said...

An experience does not have to be good to be an experience. - The cold does not sound fun - Dad Peck

Nic said...

What a fun thing to experience! We've been dreaming of Hawaii this week, as well . . . only for very different reasons. Temps in Utah still freezing and we continue to look forward to spring.

Anonymous said...

While I'm thrilled that you no longer stink, I'm a little troubled by the image of you all showering together. Are the social mores in Vienna that different than America? You may want to review some American movie plots both as something to think about in a hostage situation and as a way to keep the red, white and blue American mores in mind for when you return to the states

Anonymous said...

You Poor people, there is nothing worse then being cold, nothing!! We have all had the flu and we can't get warm even with the heater going, its the worst, I don't know how I would handle no hot bath to take the chill away, anyway glad its all back working and your all tosty warm!! Love you all..

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are finally warm. It's funny that we wouldn't put up with that lack of customer service in the U.S., but it's like we don't dare complain about anything but our own. Sort of like I can complain about my kids, but you better not. That is horrible to go that long without heat when there wasn't a major storm to put everyone's power out.