Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our Decision.............by Lori


Some of you already know but just to let EVERYONE know that when we come back to visit in June, me, Nathan and Emily are going to stay. Steve will come back to Vienna and finish the last 5 months on his own. This was a very hard decision for Steve and I to make but we thought it was best for the kids. Emily is doing good in school here but the stress of trying to learn a language so fast and trying to communicate with other kids has given her quite a few stomach aches. There are a lot of things she loves at the school but it's hard on her mentally and physically. Nathan is doing great at home school here but his social life is the pits. He stays in the apartment all day and does school or whatever. We thought it would be good for him to do his senior year back at home and one last year of marching band. I know the kids have had wonderful and great experiences that they could get no where else but we thought it time for them to be home. We will all miss Steve so much but he will be home before Christmas and we will be emailing constantly. We just wanted all our family and friends to know what are plans are.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll see if I can transfer to my company's Vienna office and stay with Steve this Fall.

Oh wait, my company doesn't have a Vienna office. Dang it! I would have loved that. Imagine the rumors that we could have started. Two Steve's living together.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Steve W = Are you trying to horn in on Steve's parents plan to just move in with Steve for six months? Wonder if he can afford to support us for that long. Yeah, probably. Dad Peck

p.s., seems I cannot get into comments with my name, so anonomous will have to do

Anonymous said...

Hay Im moving in with Steve. Sorry guys!! My family won't miss me for 5 months, they will just appricate me more when I get home!! See you in June!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you have to make that type of decision for the kids. We did and don't regret it at all. Our family has to be our priority, or the world gets even worse than ever. SW - maybe you can talk the company into opening a new office in Vienna, and you can start it for them. Although I'm not sure Vienna could handle the two of you together.