Monday, February 4, 2008

Outside Appearances Count by Lori

What you wear here is kinda a big deal. Being the laid-back kind of person I can't dress so when I go out. You never see women wearing tennis shoes unless they're exercising. You can wear nice jeans but you have to wear a nice shirt with it. Unfortunately hoodies will not pass for nice. We did have an incident where we were told we weren't fashionable. Not that we were dressed badly but just not in style for here. It's not a whole lot different but there are some differences. I guess there goes my plans for all of us to get a new wardrobe. But you do need to look nice and look a certain way. So we will save some of our stuff to wear for when we get back home. I guess I can shop for some new clothes for us......right?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And have you noticed all of the cars they drive and pretty new, clean and shiny.

Anonymous said...

How rude, they told you, you weren't fashionable? I think you need to set the trend and wear what you want and then it will catch on. Really its pretty funny!! and I think you deserve a new wordrobe..Have fun..love you

Anonymous said...

I think you should be rebel's! Yeah, normal American cloths are now for the anarchist punks. Wear those tennis shoe with pride and say, "What if the mood to run just hits me? Then what? I have to have these shoes!" And before you know it, everyone will rebel against the norm, and you will be a hero! :) I for one like my tennis shoes and would be lost without their comfort.

Anonymous said...

I know we left coast people are a little laid back, but why not. Have you ever tried to walk on cobblestones in some of those non tennis shoes? It's hard enough in tennies. Life is too short to worry about fashion.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the dressing, in the picture of the flea market all appear to be dressed as casual, in what way were you in violation of their cultural norms?

A. Phelps

The Pecks said...

Fashion is as fashion does!

We aren't really sure of our violation, its subtle enough we haven't even figured it out.