Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The birthday slave done good!!!

I have to say that the "birthday slave" gave me a wonderful birthday!!! After I opened up my gifts Steve went to Walkers and bought me a HUGE diet coke and a maple bar. Breakfasts just don't get much better than that!!! Then we went shopping.......clothes shopping. Yep.....I have some new clothes!!! It is so, so nice!! And it was so fun. We had a yummy (that word is for Maureen) lunch at Red Lobster and ate till we couldn't move. Went to Costco to get steaks to bar-b-q that night. Steve also made my cake. He was determined to make 2 round ones and stack them on top of each other. He did a great job. I did help him though in turning on the oven and setting the timer :)





I also got a cool homemade card from Jaron that I will treasure for a long time. He is now district leader in his area. He will do great!!!


















So we ended the day with a bar-b-q and Christopher, Lesa and Maddox came over and ate with us. It was a fun day and now the "birthday slave" is free for another year!!!!


2 comments:

dpeck said...

Wow, what a great celebration and you so deserve all the attention Lori. Next time you get to SL Steve, I'll give you lessons on turning on the oven so Lori will be impressed. Great day!

Maureen said...

Don't ya just love birthdays!! There is nothing better then being pampered by everyone! Your cake looks "yummy" that is my new word you know ;) Im so glad you had a great day..your the best and I love ya..