Monday, August 10, 2009

Run Lori Run!!!

I just want to first say is that I am NOT a runner by nature. I don't enjoy it and in fact, I find it quite boring. But I have been trying to get "in shape" since last March. When I first went on the elliptic (?) climber I did a mile in 20 min. I just about gave up right there cuz I was so totally worn out and couldn't move. I started going to the gym every day and working out and I was feeling exhausted the whole rest of the day and wouldn't get much done. It was discouraging! So then I changed it to 3 mornings a week. I set a goal to run a 5k in June. My body rebelled and I had to distract myself with loud, fast moving music in my ipod. If my head was being pounded with loud music it distracted from the pain in my legs from running. I succeeded in my goal and now I'm setting a bigger one........10k. It will take me months and months to get ready for that but I figure....what's the rush. The most I've ran so far is 5 miles and it was really boring but I kept playing my fast pace music. Hopefully by next spring I will be ready. If you know how to be entertained while you run....let me know.

1 comment:

lexiedawn said...

I trained for a 5k and got so close, but ended up never running the race. Anyways keep it up that's awesome!!!