Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting Closer

Today Nathan and I went to the distribution center and bought him lots of garments, white pants, white tie and white socks. Tomorrow night Nathan is going through the Mt. Timp. temple at 7pm. It seems like it is coming so fast.....faster than I want. I think he is pretty well ready to go. He even has his suit cases laid out on the floor with some stuff already in them. I do wonder if I will fit in one of them :)
Last week I joined a group called LDS mission moms (and dad's). I'm in the European mission mom group and we talk through email about our sons who are out or who will be out. I've received tons of emails about Finland and what the missionaries are experiencing out there. If I have questions I can ask them and I usually get 7 or 8 responses. I read all the emails to Nathan and it gets him just that much more excited to go. It is so cool. I wish I would have known about this when the other boys were out.
No pictures today......just trying to get use to the fact that Nathan will be leaving in 2 1/2 weeks. I know it's going to be hard. But he's so excited and ready to go.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

my friends brother served in finland, and he met his wife there and now lives there. He loves it. Not sure that'll happen to Nathan but hey I'm sure he'll enjoy it! -lexie

Maureen said...

i was like "am i losing my mind, ive already posted?" lexie just wants to be me all the time..id like to post that my heart hurts for you, i know its all a good thing and missions are awesome, but my heart still hurts for you..big hugs to you!

Kathy said...

I know he'll do well. After all look who raised him.