Monday, June 21, 2010

Nathan's email

Steve and I both got email from Nathan at 3am. this morning. A great way to start a week!!!

Hey Mommers!!
Hey mommers how are things going back home?? It sounds like you are having a lot of fun!!!!SO yeah things here are going good... My first area is Turku... and it is really cool here... it is a slightly big city but no nearly as big as Vienna.... haha.... but yeah its pretty cool... My first companions name is Elder Bailey... and he is pretty cool... he has been out here fore a while so he knows the language really well... so that's good...Oh and his mom wants to find you on "Missionary Moms" and have lunch with you or something like that... so yeah you will have to find her so that you can do that... SO yeah yesterday was my first Sunday and that was pretty intense... I had to bear my testimony in Finnish at sacrament meeting so that was crazy...it went pretty well tho.... Yeah so pretty much i never understood what people were saying, i would just get a couple of words here and there... so yeah... it was crazy tho... however there is a Australian guy there who speaks only English so it was really fun talking to him because we are kinda in the same boat and what not... so yeah.... well lets see.. i thought my first lesson on Thursday and that was went pretty good... i wasn't able to say much but i did share some scriptures and then testify so that was pretty good and stuff.... yup so its all good and fun here... welp i think that is everything... I love and miss you!!!

Vanhin Nathan Peck

P.S. if you ever decide to send a package...just when you decide to... can you send a bunch of cookies... i don't know why but ever sense I got here I've wanted some... haha... yeah.. so if you ever do that would be great... but if you don't, don't worry about it

And here is his email to Steve. There are some repeats but some new stuff too. Nathan sounds happy and excited about being there. That makes me happy!!!

Hey Pops
hey so how are things going? It sounds like things are going grand back at home. When did you get called in to nursery??? I had no idea about this... crazy... So yeah... I'm in Finland now... and it is so cool... My first city is Turku it is pretty cool here... its pretty nice and all that fun stuff. I meet a bunch of the members yesterday at church and stuff and it seems to be a really cool ward. There is one guy from Australia, who is really cool, but he only speaks English... so he was the only one I could really take to so that was really cool. but so of the other people in the ward tried to talk to me too and I tried to understand but it was super tough, I generally have no idea what is going on at the time... haha... hopefully that will change slightly soon.... So my first Companion is Vanhin Bailey, and he is pretty cool, so yeah its pretty intense, So yeah i was in my first lesson on Thursday, that was pretty intense i would have to say, I wasn't really able to say much but i did read a couple of Scriptures and testified about them... so that was good sense that was about all i could do.... so yeah it was fine... haha... um... I don't really know what else to say... the flight was long, but I think I'm starting to get over the jet lag... so that is good... oh and it is so weird here... when we go to bed and wake up it is like super bright... and it is so weird... ill wake up at the middle of then night and it will be bright is tis so weird... oh. well... i guess when i get used to it, it will change and it will be dark all the time... haha.... oh well... i guess that is everything... oh and happy Fathers Day I hope that it was a blast!!! Your a great dad and i Appreciate everything that you do for me and all the encouragement that you give me... You are MAHTAVA!!!!! thank you for all that you do!!!... I love and miss you!!!
Vanhin Nathan Peck

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thats so nice!!!