Monday, June 14, 2010

Phone Call

At 8:30 this morning we got a phone call from Nathan. He was at the SL airport all checked in for his flight to Finland. There are 4 Elders heading there together. He flies from SL to Chicago, then to Frankfurt and then finally to Helsinki. He will get there at 12:30 Tuesday afternoon his time. Finland is 9 hours ahead of us. We got to talk to him for a half hour. I think he said something in Finnish to each one of us. The one thing that really stuck out in my mind was how happy he sounded. He was so excited to be finally heading to Finland and couldn't wait to get there. He's going to email us when he arrives there and hopefully let us know where his first area is. It was great to hear his voice and I had to tell him all the "mom" things.......make sure you eat, try to get some sleep, remember I love you, etc....
It really made my day but man......I'm sure gonna miss him and I know he'll do GREAT over there!!!

No comments: