Thursday, February 3, 2011

Early spring

Yesterday the groundhog didn't see his shadow. I don't remember the last time that has ever happened. And I hope he's right and spring does come early. With taking this landscape design class all I want to do is get my hands dirty and start chopping things down and planting things. I have 3 trees that I want out. Fortunately the snow was kind enough to start getting one of them down.....at least 1/3 of the tree is laying on the ground. But I'm sure by the end of the semester my ideas for the yard will have changed some with the more I learn. I do hope though that spring does come early for everyone and we can clear out the air in our homes and the awful virus that have plagued us this winter and get some natural vitamin D.
And Emily said that she sees the beginning of the tulips and daffodils coming up in her garden...yeah!!!

ps. for an update on my savings with coupons.....for the month of Jan. I saved $44.25. I know it's not a ton but there's only 3 of us here so I'm not buying as much food as when there was 7. My food bill has gone down drastically but I will keep the $44. :)

1 comment:

JessPeck said...

$44 is still a lot! Love it. I just ordered the Sunday paper, so I should get a lot more coupons now