Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Running

This March it will be 2 years since I started working out. That first workout was brutal.....walked/jogged a mile. I thought I was going to die!! But I really wanted to get in shape for my heart. With all the anxiety attacks I was having and the racing heart beat I was a little worried. Plus I wanted to be able to play with my grandsons and keep up with them. Now almost 2 years later I can say that I'm a runner/jogger. I still get anxiety attacks every now and then but I have to say that I don't get them as often. What has been fun is that my little sister, Melanie, on the other side of the US has been running too and getting ready for some races. So we clock our times, good days/ bad days, distances, aches and pains, etc. She blows me out of the water with her distance but I have to say that I do pretty good at keeping up with her. My hope is that well into my 50's, 60's and beyond I will still be running.
BTW...today, 3 miles in 33 mins. 42 sec. Wahoo!!!

1 comment:

JessPeck said...

wow! Good for you. Keep it up!