Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's goin' down

I don't know what kind of fir tree this is but I do know that I don't like it. It's one of those that came with the house. Every few years the snow will get really heavy on it and part of it will snap. Looking at the pic. you can tell where it did this year. I have to admit that the birds love this tree but I'm not going to keep it for them. I have HUGE plans with everything I have learned from my class so far and this is one thing that is going. It will take me years and years to get everything done in the yard that I want to change but I'll probably change my mind a dozen or more times before it is done. I have so far chopped up the 1/3 that has broken off. It takes me a while cuz I put all the branches in the garbage and keep the bigger parts of the tree for the fire pit. It fills the garbage can up fast so it's slow work. Next week another 1/3 will come down. So hopefully by spring this tree will be gone and I can start putting plans into place. :)

1 comment:

JessPeck said...

sounds exciting. can't wait to see what you have planned