Monday, February 7, 2011

Lock down

Yesterday was a very interesting day for many reasons but the one big reason is that we were put on lock down while we were at church. We were all told to go to the chapel where the bishop told us that there was a shooting in the neighborhood.
The story goes (and I don't have all the facts. Just what I've read and heard) that our neighbor was sleeping when someone broke into her house. She got her gun and he wrestled it from her and she ran into her bedroom, locked the door and called the police. I'm not sure how many shots were fired. I heard 2 but no one was hit. Then the intruder left before the police got there.
Almost all the neighborhood streets were blocked off by the swat team. Luckily we were able to leave and go home a back way. Other people in our neighborhood had to wait till about 5:30pm to go home. The weird thing though is that when we got home our front door was wide open.....locked but wide open. We didn't latch it good before we left...oops. A bad day to do that. But no one was in the house and nothing was taken......if there was anything to take. Ha ha. So that was our eventful Sunday.

4 comments:

-Danica- said...

how scary!! I bet that was one intense Sunday. Glad everyone was safe

Cap said...

That is so crazy! You live in an adventurous neighborhood.

JJP said...

If I was a crook I'd be afraid to break into our house. Because I might get attacked medieval style.

The Pecks said...

I would definitely get the spear out. And how many swords do we have? :)