Sunday, February 13, 2011

What is your proposal story?

BCC asked what every ones proposal story was. Here's what Steve wrote. If you want to tell me yours.....go for it ! And you can exaggerate a little if you want....but just a little. :)

My wife and I were sitting in the waters of Malacca off the coast of Sumatra, two hundred meters of climbing rope stretched between us, with water skis on our feet. We had parachuted into Kuala Lumpur, on a mission for a secret arm of an unnamed government. We were waiting for a submarine, which would surface enough that the periscope could snag our rope and we would water-ski into safer waters. She had just rescued me from a drug lord’s palace and we had had a prolonged fire-fight, that had raged for about ten hours, and I knew she was tired. Plus she had taken a bullet to the shoulder and, even though it was just a flesh wound, was acting a little testy and out of sorts. But I knew the time was right. I had popped the ring into the hollow-handle of her combat bayonet while we had been pinned down. Luckily most of the blood had washed off from the mercenaries we had escaped from, and she was talked into unscrewing the top of the knife where I told her I had GPS coordinates for the pick-up in a note. Was she ever surprised to find my proposal and the ring. I’ll never forget her smile as we water-skied over the open ocean, in the moonlight, together forever.

1 comment:

Cap said...

Hahahahaha. That's great. Man! I wish my life was half as adventurous as yours.